Monday 16 August 2010

The Joy of Google Docs

I just have to share this story!

On a lovely Sunday evening, one of the best all summer, I was at home, catching up on the documentation from Mr PYP (our new, enthusiastic coordinator). I thought I'd give Google docs a try, so opened up the Action Plan and started adding my comments. I noticed the share button and thought, 'Ok, I'll share it with him and see how that works.'

Within a few minutes he was commenting on my comments, shifting text, editing, discussing where to place items all in real time ... right before my eyes!

What a way to collaborate! We both were just amazed at the potential ..apart from finding it really great fun! Ahh ... I love web 2.0!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the lovely, but I'll accept the rest...And as geeky as it may sound, yes, collaborating in real time on a doc while being kilometres apart WAS very cool! Never mind very efficient and time-saving to boot. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete