Saturday 5 February 2011

Teaching for Creativity

I think one of the most challenging of the Primary Years Programme Attitudes to teach really well is the area of Creativity, perhaps because to many of us, the term initially conjures the idea of being creative in an artistic sense and as this article (and many of the related links on the page) show, there is somewhat more to creativity.

The link below gives some excellent ideas on ways to develop an inventive, divergent way of looking at the world, and also discusses some of the blocks to creativity that occur in many schools every day - I know I have been guilty of several!

Mr Bartel challenges many 'tried and true' approaches to teaching art and creativity, and challenges us to rethink our approach. I hope you find his ideas as interesting as I did!

http://www2.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/11-13-01/Effects-of-Stereotypes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment